National Animal Interest Alliance

Friday, June 13, 2008

Furry Fighter Friday



This tribute is in memory of Storm, the Furry Fighter who won two battles against cancer. Her body had no more to give and she is now at the Bridge where other friends are to greet her. She leaves behind her, Castle, her two mommies, and all of us at the Cat Blogosphere, who are winners because we were fortunate enough to have known her. She taught us how to live our lives and how to be very brave. Storm, we love you; we miss you; and we look forward to the day when we will be reunited.

The Last Battle" - Author Unknown

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then will you do what must be done,

For this -- the last battle -- I have won!

You will be sad I understand,

But don't let grief then stay your hand,

For on this day, more than the rest,

Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,

You wouldn't want me to suffer so.

When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,

Only, stay with me till the end

And hold me firm and speak to me

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree

It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved,

From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you

Who has to decide this thing to do;

We've been so close -- we two -- these years,

Don't let your heart hold any tears.


5 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

A Lovely tribute.

Daisy said...

I feel lucky to have known such a brave kitty as Stormie. I will miss her so much.

Anonymous said...

We're going to miss her and her spirit! We're purring for Storm's family. Farewell, sweet Stormie.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Both Stormie and her Mom were brave and courageous, loving and unselfish, they showed a spirit which is to be emulated...

We're missing Stormie...
Purrs
Abby

Bubbles said...

Alexi, you made a beautiful tribute for a very brave and beautiful Cat Angel who crossed the Bridge today. We will miss her like everyone at the CB!

On this sad day we ended our honeymoon and Karl will stay in the Netherlands for a week. During our adventures we will think a lot about Stormie and keep Castle and the mommies in our purrs and thoughts.

Back home now we also want to thank you for attending our special day!!

Hugs and love from us,
Karl & Ruis